Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog #3

I am still just as happy to be learning the new tricks of the trade when it comes to emergent technology in the classroom, but I have to admit technology can be one of the most frustrating things to me.  I had a technology breakdown at the location of my current employer and for almost 2 weeks now the computers have not been running up to par.  Herein lies my frustration with technology:  we can do so many wonderful things with all of these modern innovations until they fail to work.  I guess even technology needs a vacation every now and then :)

I will say that the Module 9 project in my EDCI505 class was extremely fun to make.  I choose to make my video project about a class trip to the Franklin Park Conservatory because I had recently gone there with the residents I work with at the retirement home.  I used all of the true things we saw and talked about to create a presentation of what a second grade class would show parents and other students.  I have made several videos like the one I made for this class about my family and everyone has enjoyed seeing the images, reading the text, and hearing the music.  Some people are amazed at the projects we have been making in this class and I am proud to say I labored over them and am impressed with all of the neat things I have created with my newly found skills.

1 comment:

  1. I found it easy and enjoyable to make the movie also because I used pictures and video from my vacations. I really got into it because I have always wanted to share some of the cool pics I have taken but never had the time or know-how to accomplish it.

    ReplyDelete